[meteorite-list] Ebay fraud alert - ACTION REQUIRED

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 01:17:19 EST 2005

Hello EVERYBODY,

Since it is getting very late for a lot of people,  and time is short, for
the very first time I am sending the same post to both  IMCA members and
non-members.

Obviously, you all know by know about this  new Meteorwrong-Dealer on Ebay.
We have already contacted Ebay and reported his  auctions as frauds. However
Ebay is rather hard of hearing as most of you know.  So here is a new idea that
I, and the IMCA Board of Directors, is  suggesting:
If Ebay cannot notice one squeaky wheel, but they will  notice a whole lot of
them, so we are asking each of you do the  following:

Log on to Ebay.
Go to:   http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/report_problem.html
Select:
1.   Report problems with other eBay members
2.  Fraud concerns for  buyers
3.  Report a listing you think is fraudulent (you didn't  bid)

Select "Continue >"

Under "Customer Support  Option(s):"  Click on "Email"

Copy and paste these item numbers:  6518820774,6518822641

Click  "Submit"

I don't know if this has ever been tried, so I don't know what Ebay's
response will be, however I / we believe it is worth a try.

Thank you very much for your participation.

Anne M.  Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
President, I.M.C.A.  Inc.