[meteorite-list] The Birth of Chondrules

j.divelbiss at att.net j.divelbiss at att.net
Fri Mar 11 19:39:36 EST 2005

As I understand it...

most L, LL, H, E, C chondrule formations are thought to have occurred from 4.55 billion to 4.70 billion years ago, with varied dating results typically found when analyzing the different elements in a rock being studied. Whole rock dating gives up an overall average age.

I think the idea is that CAI's were formed first, followed by chondrules, followed by carbonates (and matrix material). The whole process for a given chondrite material is thought to have taken no more than a 100 million years. Chump change in time, right !

My novice two cents,

John

-------------- Original message from "Charles O'Dale" <codale0806 at rogers.com>: --------------