[meteorite-list] Earth Trojan asteroids

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Sat Jun 25 22:39:09 EDT 2005

Jerry F. wrote:

>Billiards on a  planetary scale.
>No wonder I never made it in a pool   hall!!

Jeje, Hola Jerry,

Yes, if the counterpart balls in the pool  hall had a sort of magnetic
attraction that could transfer momentum without  touching (i.e, gravity)....

Another way to think of these two points are  as the corners behind the
refrigerator that no matter how you sweep out the lint  you always get frustrated
in those naughty corners as the more you try to get  them out the more they get
swept further in.  'S'matter?  Never seen  cleaning behind the fridge,
either?:)

The interesting thing about them  is, which I haven't seen mentioned
yet...p-robably the L4 and L5 Earth-Moon  points (that dust Francis was talking about)
contain most of the history of the  formation of the Moon, and in the case of
the Earth, Most of the history of the  formation of the Earth.  These are the
meteoroids that AREN'T swept up by  the planets...A new NASA mission is
planned called the  "Spring-Cleaning-Day"....:)  Now to see Mercury Venus and the
Moon, it's my  longitudes turn!  Future sale: Spring-Cleaning Meteoroid Dust
Sale....

Saludos, Doug