[meteorite-list] OT - Pluto & Neptune

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Sun Jun 12 14:55:36 EDT 2005

Buenas tardes,

The list is quieter than  usual so I'd like to pose a question on the
_planets_ Pluto & Neptune.   Many are probably aware that Pluto was the "8th rock"
from the Sun's perspective  timed nicely during most of the Voyagers' life
(1979-1999), a nice piece of  trivia to have in our lifetimes - since it only
glides into this configuration  every 248 years.

After February 11, 1999, Pluto then melancholically  slipped into the great
beyond, apparently, not to repeat this "feat" for another  10 generations.
But...I think Pluto was actually closer to Earth than  Neptune for about 3 weeks
just two months ago.  Does anyone know when this  will this happen again?

Saludos, Doug
(supporter of the Pluto-Kuiper  Express or whatever it is or isn't called
now)