[meteorite-list] eBay/paypal phishing

Dave Harris entropydave at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 5 03:43:29 EDT 2005

..yep - ignore them - I get at least 3 a day - and eBay & Paypal do nothing
to stop them.

Just forward to spoof at ebay.com or spoof at paypal.com

Actually if you click on the link as if you were going to be fooled, you can
see the address bar change to a suspect URL, not eBay or Paypal.

What I do then is find the owner of the URL (using a WHOIS or similar
lookup) and advise them yourself - then send them megabytes of crap data as
an attachment until they tell me to desist, then I quote them the suspect
URL again telling them again that they are supporting criminal activity.
They probably delete them, but it's fun for me.
I do the same with 419 scammers - I have a fast link so I can send a 6 Mb
file in a few secs and I do that a dozen times until their server crashes at
their end.....

I have nothing better to do with my time....

Ho hum.....

best!

dave
IMCA #0092