[meteorite-list] thanks/a question about apollo material

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Thu Jun 2 21:02:30 EDT 2005

Steve Arnold (Elgin, IL) wrote:
>OWNING apollo material.Why can we  not own any of this material?

Steve,Let me provide you with a brief review of a book.  Robert  Haag was
quoted as remarking "Three Thumbs, Way Way, Up !"  I  also recommend the book to
you.  Let me include a couple of  quotes:

"As unlikely as it may seem to the beginner, like people addicted to drugs,
liquor or gambling, some collectors and dealers suffer a compulsion to obtain
their "vice", in this case, certain meteorites, regardless of the cost in
money  and reputation."..."Two months later I returned from a trip to Mexico.
Passing through Miami customs, I was pulled out of line and taken to a small
room.  Twelve armed customs agents waited, half of them staring at their
computers, the others, gazing upon me in a practiced, menacing demeanor.   'Got any
rocks?' "
from: "The Art of Collecting Meteorites" (2004) by   Kevin Kichinka
PS, for further info, contact Tony Coriasso or John Marta  at John's Estate
Sales, 2437 Bay Area Blvd., Suite 455, Houston, TX   77058.
Saludos, Doug