[meteorite-list] A statement in regards to NWA 3133

stan . laser_maniac at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 2 19:26:54 EDT 2005

>My last comments.  The so-called official descriptions posted by Stan to
>the
>List which are now in the archives differ greatly than what is now posted
>in
>the bulletin.

For the record I never claimed to have an 'offical' description, so called
or otherwise. Infact my ebay auctions went to great pains to alert potential
bidders to the tentative nature of the classifcation data. The information I
was given was a 'working classification' and regardless of any diffrences
the most important issue I belive is that it apears to remain that 1839 and
3133 are infact very likely to be paired.

>In any case, I have stated from the beginning that I have no problem with
>what qualified institutions have to say about pairings.

To set the record straight then, given the statements on NAU's web site I
guess you have no problem with someone calling 1839 paired to 3133 then,
correct? I'm sure everyone will be glad to see this is the last we will see
on the matter. I'm sure hoping you arent holding out for the congressional
testimony.