[meteorite-list] TWO new Kuiper belt objects today?

Darren Garrison cynapse at charter.net
Sat Jul 30 10:21:01 EDT 2005

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 00:23:39 -0500, "Sterling K. Webb" <kelly at bhil.com> wrote:

>    Yes, there was confusion, proving that even the best science journalists in the world (New
>Scientist, Space.com, etc.) get things as muddled as the cub reporter from Podunk, Iowa. The
>announcements were hasty and pre-emptory and rushed.

Tell me about it.  Just about every article I found on Google news was muddled on the issue, some of
them even using two of the three numbers in the same article but apparently discussing them as the
same KBO.  It took quite a bit of Googling to tease apart two objects, and I still missed the third.