[meteorite-list] RE: Meteorites ~ Deep-Freeze on Mars

AL Mitterling almitt at kconline.com
Sat Jul 23 23:57:42 EDT 2005

Hi Pete,

In regards to finding Martian locations related to Martian Meteorites,
Actually on August 4th 1998 such a report was made by Dr. Lipschultz
from Purdue University. I'll just give the link but give a brief
description here.

Six areas have been determined (with a good degree of certainty) that
are probable source regions that may have delivered Meteorites from
Mars. This was based on 15 volatile trace elements. I might add that the
suspect areas all have craters that could be the launch impact area of
the Martian Meteorites we hold in our collections.

http://news.uns.purdue.edu/html4ever/9808.Lipschutz.meteorite.html

--AL Mitterling