[meteorite-list] Mars rover pollution

Dave Harris entropydave at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 18 13:57:07 EDT 2005

 I guess that's one way of looking at it!!

...and I seriously think that some spores will survive too...

Should we not think more about this issue before lauching other probes
either to Mars or other outlier globes?

I know for a fact that microbes are found deep (I mean 2-3 km )underground
trapped in 200 MY old meteoric water that have had no exposure to sunlight
for that period and the ambient rock temp is about 50- 60 deg C - they
reproduce slowly but they do survive.
They are tenacious little buggers.