Re-2: [meteorite-list] Steve's posts<--forged ?

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Sun Jul 17 12:48:30 EDT 2005

Did I ever thank you, Elton for being a model list member when I was a
newbee here a couple of years ago, with meteor-wrongs coming out of my ears and
hematite nodules in my nose?  So kindly volunteering your excellent  advice in
such a friendly and unselfish manner to so many, including  me?  And then
during the time when Elton's excellent contributions were  sorely missed, and Bernd
was cajoled back in, did I ever thank you  Bernd, for picking up the slack,
and then raising it not a notch, but  frequently an order of magnitude?

I think this is the right time for a big thank you, on both counts.   It is
too bad the only explicit rewards for such kind contributions are posts  like
Pete's which become such a derisive and seemingly disrespectful force  on the
list, and we all see how we moved from A to B, but no one quite  answers "why"
nor does anything about it (myself included of course).

Thanks Elton, Thanks, Bernd for providing leadership to the peloton at
critical moments.  Funny - I don't recall either of you ever selling  anything!
And they say there is no free lunch?  Pete will get it  right if he makes it
past the frustration.  Pete, please don't be too  blinded by making assumptions
to follow their leads (and DF's as well, when the  weather doesn't get to him).
 Even in chatting about quantum mechanics and  orbital calculus, sometimes
initial conditions are not only relevant, but  actually determine the solution.
Getting through the list is an iterative  process.  Now you have one
iteration behind your ears...welcome aboard,  hopefully without the undesireable
baggage and assumptions,  from your other newsgroups.
Saludos, Do5ug