[meteorite-list] Nebraska Man Says...

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Fri Jul 1 17:35:36 EDT 2005

Walter B. wrote:

>Well, this proves I read
>in sequential  order.

-Walter

>>In 1949, a shower
>>in a remote Mexican village "wounded"  28 people

Right, Walter, the year of the storm was actually 1946, so like an
anthropologist's study of language differentiation we can see where this story  has
morphed...and btw, what wasn't mentioned were the a couple hundred of  animals:
cows, goats, pigs, chickens, dogs, etc, that were drowned,  crushed, or had to
be put down, as well...
Saludos, Doug

> Sterling wrote:
>
> >While most incidents are of a  meteorite strike to a single person,
> >there are accounts of multiple  human hits. In 1949, a shower
> >in a remote Mexican village "wounded"  28 people, one of whom
> >later died. (And we on the List make a big  fuss over one lousy  dog...)
>
> Sterling, You can confidently  remove this event from your  database of
> meteorite hits.  That  never happened, send it to the wacko  file - the
> disinformation is  being propagated by popular  researchers who can't read
Spanish,  didn't
> check sources and wanted to  write shocking books that sell  - and now has
come
> back to haunt even the Mexican  Roswell  contingent, too.  Your references
> didn't do their homework or  just  wanted badly enough to believe it.
Sorry, that
> dog still  burns  brightly as ever...even if she never did...Saludos,   Doug

Meteorite-list  mailing  list
Meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com