[meteorite-list] BLUE bits in chondrules?

Darren Garrison cynapse at charter.net
Sat Jan 29 00:27:03 EST 2005

I was scanning some NWA 1584 slices (one of my favorite meteorites) and I noticed some
iridescent-looking blue areas in some of the chondrules on one of them.  I looked at the areas with
a 20x hand lens and the blue is really there, and not a scanner artifact.  Anyone know what is
causing this effect?  The effect is obvious in the first image, but I have circled the much smaller
bits in the second.  The chondrules (if those are indeed chondrules) are around a centimeter across.
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/bluebits1.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/bluebits2.jpg