[meteorite-list] Magnetic meteorites

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Thu Jan 20 03:19:58 EST 2005

En un mensaje con fecha 01/19/2005 6:49:39 PM Mexico Standard Time,
bobe5531 at comcast.net escribe:

>Have you seen a meteorite that attracts some other form of  metal?

Bob, They are definitely the most magnetic rocks in our universe.   Hope this
sheds light on some of the "other forms" you are after: most  meteorites
attract magnets, gold, silver, brass, copper, zinc, bills, and  electronic moneys,
credit cards, paypals, money burning holes in pockets,  reporters, students,
scientists, sky gazers, lovers (at Monze time!), birthday  boys and girls,
gift givers, Dads (and Moms), kids, folks, curiosity seekers,  collectors,
entrepreneurs, aventure seekers, hunters and providers, braggarts,  dogs, German and
Canadian cats, space fans, auctioneers, anomalous friends,  gamblers,
speculators, maniacs and fools alike.   It is that universal  attraction that makes
them so special...Doug (typed oh so proudly from The  United Mexican States).

Bob Evans kindly quizzed:

Sorry Little  Dougie,

But here in the states Magnetic means " having magnetic  properties ".
I think they're implying that the material attracts  iron.
Have you seen a meteorite that attracts some other form of metal?  Please
enlighten me, my friend south of the border

BE