[meteorite-list] LANL: Meteor Could Cause Big Tsunami

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Tue Jan 11 12:12:22 EST 2005

En un mensaje con fecha 01/11/2005 10:23:10 AM  Mexico Standard Time,
edward_f_moore at yahoo.com escribe:

>I dont know  how much a 800 meter meteorite weighs, stone or iron,
>but the wave would  be higher than 10 feet thats for sure.

>one of the Canary island will  slide into the ocean after a volcano blews,
> estimate 1/2 trillion tons  of earth will hit, resulting in a wave 2000
feet,
>500 MPH and hitting  everyhting from Boston to Miami and at least 15
>miles  inland.

Hola Ed, Well all the stone meteorite groups that size would seem  to be
right at or under a billion tons for a spherical one - just 20% the mass  of a
Canary.  I don't know where I'm a gonna go when dee volcano blow, but,  I don't
wanna go to no San Dee-iego...on top of a Tsubame or Tsuru (Two popular  cars
from a Japanese manufacturer on the road in Mexico...the first translates
pretty much to "get on for a  ride")

http://margaritaville.com/discography/volcano.htm
(scroll down  to title song second from bottom)

I hear the friendly, awesome Steve  Arnold Band will be performing this song
live with backup from the Sistas  Meteoritical Ensamble of She-cagó and croaks
from the Strewn Field Boys (I'm  auditioning for a spot there) at the new
birthday bash  Buffetttttttttt.

Saludos, Doug