[meteorite-list] Re: Blood Auction Results

Mark Bowling minador at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 01:14:22 EST 2005

Eric Olson wrote:

> but NWA meteorites were a completely different story with maybe 10% of
> what was here last year.   The price I had to pay (on 40+Kg) after a
> lot of > negotiating was up 50% over last year.

I noticed a lack of nice large unclassified NWA at similar prices to
last year.  Similar large stones I paid 15¢/g for in the past was
selling for 35¢ or more.  And it wasn't because it was better material -
far from it.  Luckily I found what I needed from Comet Shop - thanks
guys.  I was getting worried as I needed  it for a special project for a
friend.

> Sure the prices are mostly low end, but dealers are under no
> obligation to match them.   If nothing else the prices should
> encourage more people to
>  attend the auction next year.

I agree, it seems like the perfect way to promote the auction.

>  <http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=katy2kary>

Great!  Now I know what ELKK and katy2kary come from.  ;-)  Cool photo -
Go Cats!!