[meteorite-list] Identifying Meteorites w/out Labels?

Anita Westlake libawc at emory.edu
Mon Feb 21 10:16:36 EST 2005

Dear List:
   Recently a few meteorite slices were donated to a local club in Georgia.
One of them does not have a label but we do know that they all originally
came from Ward's Scientific a long time ago. (Maybe 30-40 years ago?)
   Is it possible to identify a known meteorite visually with some accuracy?

I know we can narrow it down to Stony, Iron or Stony-Iron, but could you say
with some certainty "Oh, sure, that's a Nantan, Campo, or Peekskill"
(whatever).

    Thanks for your profound thoughts,

Anita