[meteorite-list] Did Gibeons Collide?

John Birdsell birdsell at email.arizona.edu
Tue Feb 15 19:53:10 EST 2005

Hi Ruben....I think that it may reflect the progression of cooling from
different regions which resulted in different crystaline patterns
intersecting. I'm sure someone on the list will have a good explanation.
We had one with three distinct patterns which was pretty cool too! Check
it out:

http://www.arizonaskiesmeteorites.com/AZ_Skies_Links/Etched_Meteorites/Etched_Gibeon/3130gEtched_Gibeon/index.html

Cheers

-John & Dawn