[meteorite-list] Nice CAI in a CV3

Martinh martinh at isu.edu
Tue Feb 8 14:59:08 EST 2005

Hi All,

At the Tucson show, I picked up a nice NWA end section with a wonderful
CAI. I know, I know, its not an historic L6, but it is pretty cool
anyway.

When I do talks about the solar system, I like to pass around a CAI for
the obvious reasons. Now I can hold one up in front of a class and
everyone can see it.

Here are some pics of the piece:

http://challenge.isu.edu/nwa2086.html

Notice the smaller CAI island that drifted off the mainland, looking
somewhat like Madagascar off the east coast of Africa.

Any thoughts on the CAI would be appreciated.

Happy viewing.

Martin H