[meteorite-list] Welcome Gary

Gary K. Foote gary at webbers.com
Wed Dec 21 07:39:54 EST 2005

Hiya Clyde/MexicoDoug,

I figured that the few $$$ that flow into NWA from meteorite sales ought to buy, oh say,
about 1/10,000th of the necessary materials to build a nuke, so it must be hype.  But
being me I had to ask.  Yeah, I'm a tail twister.  lol

My collection is new and small and growing.  My interest in astronomy goes back to my
first childhood visit to a planetarium in LA.  Then I found an interesting meteorwrong
[at least I think it's a wrong].  It sat on my desk until one day last winter when I was
ored and began to look up such things online.  One thing led to another and now I have
another addiction to add to my list - collecting, and someday hunting, the elusive
perfect meteorite.  My Honda is quiet so I figure I may sneak up on one someday.  :)

For now I have my wrong, a Campo and a Campo coin and a Barringer fragment.  I'm going to
have my wrong sliced and analyzed before formal declaration of what it is.  I just don't
have the 1K+ to buy a good saw yet.

I thought Aussie meteorites were off the list of touchables?  Local law or something?

Shiny side up,

Gary 'Old Man of the Mountains' Foote