[meteorite-list] Meteorites Found By Nininger

bernd.pauli at paulinet.de bernd.pauli at paulinet.de
Fri Dec 16 16:09:27 EST 2005

Hello Rob and List,

"I've been spending some spare time compiling a list of prolific meteorite
finders ... and was wondering if anyone had a list of meteorites found by
Nininger ..."

That must have been a pretty time-consuming but rewarding spare time activity!
I don't know and my database doesn't help me much with the answer to this.

There is one reference I can provide that may or may not have  an answer:

NININGER H.H. and NININGER A.D. (1950) The Nininger Collection of Meteorites:
A Catalog and a History (American Meteorite Museum, Winslow, Arizona. 144 pp.).

So, if anyone has or has access to this catalog, they may tell you (us) if it con-
tains a list of the meteorites H.H. Nininger found himself.

Best pre-Xmas wishes,

Bernd