[meteorite-list] Powellsville is missing!

tracy latimer daistiho at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 9 01:13:38 EST 2005

Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration, but I've been surfing Google Earth
looking at meteorite fall sites, and trying to spot locations I have in my
collection.  When I tried to locate Powellsville, OH, I was able to locate
Scioto County and even a Powellsville Pike, but the original town seems to
have dried up and blown away.  Regular Google wasn't much help either; there
were mentions of the town in a number of websites, but not one map
pinpointing its location.  Does Powellsville as a town even exist any more?
How many of our meteorites are tied to sites that have vanished into
antiquity?

Curious,
Tracy Latimer