[meteorite-list] Blanket meteorite

McCartney Taylor mccartney at blackbearddata.com
Wed Aug 17 10:50:02 EDT 2005

This is a request for help.
I'm doing research on the Blanket, Texas 1909 meteorite fall.
Specifically, I'm needing fall location information.  There is little
documentation of this fall. The local newspaper has archives but
there was a tornado the day before this meteorite fell and the
newspaper only covered the tornado's death and destruction.  It did
mention the county attourney saw a fireball 'so close it frightened
him'.

If you have any old Nininger research/books that give information on
the location of found stones, or date the stones where found; please
contact me offlist.

--  McCartneyTaylor, IMCA #2760