[meteorite-list] Apologies [OT]

MexicoDoug at aol.com MexicoDoug at aol.com
Tue Aug 2 11:28:59 EDT 2005

Hola Tracy & Norm,

Thanks to both of you for  the warmhearted comments, public or not, as well
as for the charming  addition to my vocabulary!  There were 4.5 billion-year
old rocks on the  table, of that photo, I'd like to point out.

Probably the best wildlife in addition to our own scrumptiously  presumptuous
species glimpsed was a surprise in a rough surf with serial 2-3  meter high
waves at the low cast light of Sunrise.  Soon to provide a good  face-first
thrashing and force-feeding of seawater, one particularly high wave  soon was to
break.  Waterlogged, stinging eyes, tracked it with a necessary  keen sense in
the final moments, to feed the vice of thrill-seeking anticipation  when the
unexpected happened.  An entire school of quite large fish (min.  30 cm to
nearly 50 cm long) was elevated effortlessly as they merrily swam along
unimpeded.

>From my vantage point, it was like looking into a huge  walk-in aquarium
about to shatter.  The wave progressed rapidly toward both  shore and yours truly,
and the fish were smoothly elevated up the curved front  wall of the wave by
what I can only describe as optical antigravity.  As  they approached the top
in the emotional two-second event, they simply  disappeared in stride behind
the cusp at which time I gasped for a deep breath  and made like a
bottom-burrowing sea scavenger Tracy suspects I am, to hang on  to dear life.  The low
frequency frictional blasts overhead as the wave  broke were just background
thumps as I literally swallowed the unexpected sight  I had just witnessed.

Saludos, Doug

En un mensaje con fecha  08/01/2005 9:31:53 PM Mexico Daylight Time,
nlehrman at nvbell.net escribe:
(I'm  talking about the beach, and ocean, and food and
shells and butterflies and  rocks---)