[meteorite-list] Re: Where did she fall?

Matson, Robert ROBERT.D.MATSON at saic.com
Mon Apr 25 17:48:08 EDT 2005

> If anyhitng did make it, my guess would be in the water somewhere,
> since there have been absolutely no reports in the media  of any
> findings thus far. What are the chances that not one person observed,
> or located any fragments in such a well-populated area?

Actually, the Northeast isn't all that well populated away from the
coastline.  If meteorites landed in western Massachusetts, Vermont,
New Hampshire or upstate New York, you're talking a lot of forest
and mostly rural area.

I haven't read any reports of sonic booms, so I wouldn't get my hopes
up that anything will ever be found.  --Rob