[meteorite-list] Timing is Everything

AL Mitterling almitt at kconline.com
Wed Apr 20 17:51:47 EDT 2005

Hi Kevin and all,

Excellent post! I have long wondered if weathering can play a factor in
classification scheme, and other vital understanding of events in
meteorites. I have even wondered if this could result in a false age
prediction of specimens that have been on the ground (although a
different animal :-), weathering-aging. Best!

--AL Mitterling

MARSROX at aol.com wrote:

A discussion has risen  about thermaluminesence measuring because it's
possible that terrestrial  weathering can alter the outcome of a
pre-terrestrial event, changing what  observers think is a most
primitive 3.0 to a 3.2 or 3.4.