[meteorite-list] Re: Brother Consolmagno, Meteorite Density, Meteorite Porosity

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Wed Apr 20 17:17:00 EDT 2005

Bernd posted:

> Brother Consolmagno is, as most of you will know * t h e * expert
> on meteorite densities and porosities . . . have a look at the Feb.
> 2005 issue

Dear Bernd and List:

Joel Schiff has informed me that Brother Guy Consolmagno is (or will
be) participating in meteorite research here in Arizona. Further, Joel
has asked me to interview Brother Guy for a future article in
"Meteorite" -- something I am looking forward to very much. As a
non-religious person myself, I am interested in discussing theology
with those who maintain serious religious beliefs while still making
significant contributions to hard science. I am hoping that Brother Guy
will be available for an interview in the fall of this year.

I'd also like to draw your attention to Brother Guy's feature article
about meteorite hunting in Antarctica: "The Ultimate Easter Egg Hunt"
("Meteorite" magazine May, 1999) and his autobiography: "Brother
Astronomer: Adventures of a Vatican Scientist":
http://makeashorterlink.com/?C1FB12DEA

And I'm not suggesting that you order the book from Amazon. Support
your local independent bookseller!  : )

Sincerely,

Geoff N.