[meteorite-list] Use of Meteorites in the Search for Extraterrestrial Life Reviewed

Paul H bristolia at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 16:11:30 EDT 2004

The use of meteorites in the search for
extraterrestrial
life is reviewed in:

van Loon, A. J., in press, The needless search
for extraterrestrial fossils on Earth.
Earth-Science Reviews
Corrected Proof ,Available online 26 August 2004

The abstract can be found by going to:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00128252

and clicking the "Article in Press" link.

According to the abstract, the author argues that
using meteorite to detect extraterrestrial life
most likely is a waste of time.

(NOTE: I am just paraphrasing what is said in the
abstract. His opinions, in way reflect my views.
If you have any complaints about what is said in
the abstract, direct them to the author, not me.)

Yours,

Paul
Baton Rouge, LA