[meteorite-list] New Italian Iron meteorite

Mauro Daniel rocksfromspace at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 4 15:47:52 EDT 2004

Hello

Only for say a new italian iron meteorite is found. After Bagnone and
Barbianello a new meteorite of 667 gr. total mass have found in Umbria
Region in the 1970 during works in a field. The surface of the meteorite
have many rust, this show the meteorite its stay many under the earth. The
meteorite its in analysis and from the first informations is exit a high
quantitative of a rare mineral now I not remember the name. The cut slices
have show patterns similar to Zacatecas meteorite only the spots is larges.
Probably the meteorite have some silicate inclusions. All the meteorite its
now in my hands and I have cut only 8 slices for the collectors, after no
others its available.
Regards