[meteorite-list] SW Wyoming meteorite season temporarily closed

David Freeman dfreeman at fascination.com
Fri Oct 22 12:32:03 EDT 2004

Dear List members;
For those planing Octoberfest activities combined with a meteorite
hunting trip this weekend in SW Wyoming, meteorite hunting season has
temporarily been suspended due to 4" of slushy white snow. In the past
24 hours we have received an inch and a half of precipitation.  If one
could detect through the snow, one would surely get stuck in the knee
deep mud.
expected.All is not lost, Octoberfest dance tonight and tomorrow night.
Cold beer only. Some Ou-hoom-pa-pa Ee-I-Oh, and She's-too-fat-for-me,
Temp. is 30 degrees 25-35 mph winds rain snow mix forecast for next six
days.
Rolling out the barrel,
Dave F. reporting