[meteorite-list] Which one came closest?

Jeff Grossman jgrossman at usgs.gov
Fri Oct 15 21:21:27 EDT 2004

On further investigation, I'd have to revise my nearest hit to the
Stratford fall.  Since it fell on Memorial Day (May 27) in 1974, I was
probably back home in New York from college before going off to my summer
job in Maine.  So it fell 60 km from me.  This is the hard part of figuring
out this statistic... where were you on a particular date 30 years ago?

jeff

Dr. Jeffrey N. Grossman       phone: (703) 648-6184
US Geological Survey          fax:   (703) 648-6383
954 National Center
Reston, VA 20192, USA