[meteorite-list] Which one came closest?

Jeff Grossman jgrossman at usgs.gov
Fri Oct 15 20:54:58 EDT 2004

Maybe another interesting angle for this discussion is to find the
meteorite that fell closest to you personally, not to the place where you
now live; i.e., how close did you ever come to being hit?

For me, it's Wethersfield (1971), which fell in Connecticut, 120 km from my
home in New York when I was in high school.

jeff

Dr. Jeffrey N. Grossman       phone: (703) 648-6184
US Geological Survey          fax:   (703) 648-6383
954 National Center
Reston, VA 20192, USA