[meteorite-list] Which one came closest?

CMcdon0923 at aol.com CMcdon0923 at aol.com
Fri Oct 15 01:17:04 EDT 2004

<<Do you know which meteorite came closest to your backyard?>>

Probably "Allen, Texas" (H4) seeing that I live in the town right next to Allen.  Another candidate could be "McKinney, Texas" (L4), which is about 10 miles away.  I have specimens of each.

But because McKinney was found prior to my town actually being incorporated, and "The Book" states that it was found "eight miles west of McKinney", there's a slight possibility that it may have been found in what is now technically, Frisco, Texas.