[meteorite-list] New meteorite book

Pierre-Marie PELE pierre.pele at voila.fr
Wed Oct 6 05:31:33 EDT 2004

Hello to the List.

As some of you know, I'm writing a book about French Meteorites.  The title should be "Les Météorites françaises - Guide pratique"   (in english : French meteorites - Practical guide)

The good news is that it may be released before Christmas, making it a nice gift for any meteorite collector or scientist.

Also it's in French, it might be of interest for any meteorite collector, including english-speaking people. For example, I'm not a german-speaking man and like to get old german documents (like Chladni's articles) about meteorites.

What will be included in this 460 pages book ?
- beginner's guide (for anyone beginning in meteorites collecting and hunting)
- complete and detailed classification
- how to recognize a meteorite ?
- all french meteorites (finds or falls, including the latest, Plancy-l'Abbaye and Alby-sur-Cheran) with unique pictures never seen before, old documents, old and latest analysis, museum distribution, bibliography, some maps.  Unique old documents which may lead to new meteorite finds in France !
- all french meteorwrongs
- most of the french observed meteors or observed falls never recovered (with hints to find them maybe !)
- french meteorite or pseudo-meteorite craters
- glossary
- useful websites
- complete Jean-Baptiste Biot text about the L'Aigle fall (1803)

I think this book will become a classic most of you will want to own in their library or meteorite collection !

Just write me at     pierremariepele at yahoo.fr     if you want to be contacted when the book is released (possibility to order it on the web). Price should be reasonable.

Regards,
Pierre-Marie PELE
www.meteor-center.com
IMCA 3360
Member of the Confraternity of the Guardians of the Ensisheim Meteorite