[meteorite-list] Buried treasure!

LJnewpers at aol.com LJnewpers at aol.com
Tue Oct 5 16:21:46 EDT 2004

I've enjoyed the buried treasure stories. As a kid in Massachusetts we'd
occasionally find storm transported items from ships lost at sea, but never great
stuff. Later I confirmed a story of a large amount of silver left behind
following a house fire in Wisconsin and have often wanted to try a shot at digging
it out -- I know the actual place very closely. Perhaps when I REALLY retire
and have lots of time. Meanwhile, a friend of mine bought a piece of property
where meteorites have been found, but has trouble getting at them. Damn gold
nuggets keep getting in his way. Only found FOUR POUNDS, (yes, you read that
right) last winter. Hopes he can do better this season., poor guy.

Larry Johnson
IMCA #6116