[meteorite-list] Maybe time to move on....

E. L. Jones jonee at epix.net
Tue Oct 5 08:27:31 EDT 2004

If I weren't numb , Dave, I'd be flabbergasted at the beef you have with
the list.  Your post shows that you knew the conflict level.  I don't
see that you were turned on "at the drop of a hat".  I think you've been
tolerated but welcomed a very long time.  You tweaked your nose at us
when we raised the point with you that you didn't take advantage of the
Ebay Meteorites List,  but posted 3-4 emails for each auction you were
running to the Met Central List. Seems our consensus didn't apply to
you.  I personally like you  but thought your marketing was
inconsiderate. You started posting auctions to "another" list where you
knew it wasn't allowed.   I guess you got the criticism you opened your
self up for-- So why do you whine? You apparently survived longer than
most. I personally stopped criticizing any and all dealers no matter how
intrusive or how matter how annoying. I also have lost my passion for
the list but not the friends I have here.  Ironic that you now are
leaving for what you feel is inconsiderate actions towards you.

I am sorry that you are so distressed everywhere  I really do, many of
us are.  Sorry to see you go, however I am not going to feel guilty,
sympathy, or defend you. Your choice of advertising in the past
apparently has come back to roost when you need it to work the most. I
don't think any one has asked you to leave just be responsible about
your advertising.  In the world I live in, we make choices...  and we
live with them.  These words may come back to bite me in time  but it is
how I see it today.   So if you want to come back please do-- if you
don't I am sure I/We wish you all the success!

As for moving on  I've set an arbitrary 1000 unread messages in my mail
box as a reality review and as the trigger to leave.  There are 586
there now.

Sincere Regards,
Elton