[meteorite-list] Epinal and Luce meteorites

tracy latimer daistiho at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 29 23:19:38 EST 2004

Some time ago I started a thread about "birthday meteorites".  None (so far)
have fallen on my birthday, but Anne Black kindly pointed out that Epinal
and Luce had both fallen a day later, and Sept. 12 in Hawaii is Sept. 13 in
France :-)  To cut to the chase, does anyone know if any samples of either
of these meteorites are available to the collector?  I suspect they are
locked up in a museum somewhere in their entirety, or in some academic
collection to which I would not have access.  All the sites I have found so
far seem to discuss them in either French or Italian, in which I am not
proficient.  I don't even know where they currently live.

Thanks in advance,
Tracy Latimer