[meteorite-list] RE: Nice Dronino?

Stephen McMann stephen_mcmann at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 25 21:27:36 EST 2004

Dear Pekka and List,

Has anyone ever tried some of the tried and true iron stabilization
techniques on Dronino, such as a long bath in an alcohol and NaOH rich
solution to remove chlorides? On a related subject, I guess that I may not
really understand the chemistry behind why some meteorites are stable, and
some are not. Perhaps I will naively ask, "Is it all about chlorides?"

Sincerely,

Stephen McMann