[meteorite-list] Meteorite numbers

stan . laser_maniac at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 22 04:32:01 EST 2004

>If there is a need for a repository of photos, for example, one could be
>set up in short order.  Is there?

I cant speak to the scientific need for one, but from the education
standpoint I think this would be of tremendous value. If there was one
central image repository that contained a micro and a marcoscopic image of
every new meteorite classified (big plus if the images could be tied to the
classification abstract) I can virtually guarantee it would be the most
trafficed meteorite related web site on the internet.

stan