[meteorite-list] Bright bolide visible from Kitt Peak about 1 hour ago

Matson, Robert ROBERT.D.MATSON at saic.com
Wed Nov 17 02:58:26 EST 2004

Hi All,

Did any of our Arizona list members happen to see a bright
bolide in the last hour?  It was captured by the automated
camera on Kitt Peak -- the exposure is labeled "2004/11/17
07:01:51UT + 180S", presumably meaning that the bolide
occurred sometime between 12:01:51am and 12:04:51am MST.

As viewed from Kitt Peak, it was low in the NNW in Cepheus.
If someone wants to post the JPEG for others to see, I'll
be happy to send it to them.  (Image size is less than 50
kbytes).  --Rob