[meteorite-list] Mars Express Image: Martian Moon Phobos in Detail

almitt almitt at kconline.com
Thu Nov 11 19:38:55 EST 2004

Hi Joseph, Ron and list,

Although it is a long shot, there is a possibility that Allende may be from
Phobos and as Ron mentioned the carbonaceous chondrite connections. There are
many other C type asteroids though.

Since we have Martian Meteorites it seem logical to think that perhaps some
of the CV3's might come from that moon. I especially think so with the rather
large crater on that moon that nearly made it a rubble pile. Perhaps if I
could see other asteroids of this class I would soon change my mind as I am
sure there are some with equally big impacts but we need to get out into the
asteroid belt and make these findings.

Best!

--AL Mitterling