[meteorite-list] Lunaite from Colorado is probably slag

MARK BOSTICK thebigcollector at msn.com
Sat Nov 6 01:42:57 EST 2004

Thanks for the update Adam,

Adma wrote: "The Washington University has weighed in on the falsely
reported Lunaite.
It looks like the University in Kansas should have done their homework."

Me and a local have and likely soon had made plans to investigate this more
this weekend. Looks like that is gas better saved.

I will note it was Fort Hays University, a very small college which likely
does not have the equipment nor funding larger colleges like Washington
University do.  I think the catious nature of their report and asking for
help from other colleges was the correct move. Fort Hays does have one of
the finest collections of Kansas meteorites and is well worth the visit if
in the area.

Clear Skies,
Wichita, Kansas
Mark Bostick