[meteorite-list] FS: Park Forest 172.30g

Brice D. Hornback bdh at cyberbound.net
Fri Nov 5 09:41:55 EST 2004

I am considering letting my Park Forest 172.30g half-individual go.  My car
decided the engine had lasted long enough and now I'm riding a motorcycle to
and from work... and it's getting a bit cold.  :)  You all know the stories
about Park Forest.  This piece was recovered the day of the fall *BEFORE* it
started raining.  I was among the first to arrive at the site.  This
specimen has *never* seen rain or moisture and has been sealed in an
air-tight container since the day of the fall.  It is as perfect and fresh
as the moment it was recovered.  It was also the specimen that was seen on
Fox News late that evening.  Unfortunately, I had to leave that evening to
get back to Indianapolis for work the next morning... so I left just as some
others were arriving.  Mike Farmer had just checked into a hotel about the
time I left Park Forest.

Here are some pics:

http://www.cyberbound.net/Park-Forest-Adventure.jpg

http://www.cyberbound.net/Park-Forest-Meteorite_a.jpg

http://www.cyberbound.net/Park-Forest-Meteorite_b.jpg

I'm not putting a price on this piece.  Email me *OFF LIST* with your BEST
offer.  This is one of the nicest pieces to come out of Park Forest and is
absolutely museum quality.  I would almost rather sell off my entire
collection instead of this piece... and this may be the only time I *ever*
even consider parting with it.  Also, I will not be listing this on eBay and
will only sell it if I get a reasonable offer.  Don't think you're going to
get this one cheap folks.

Take care,

Brice D. Hornback