[meteorite-list] Meteorite fall rates

tracy latimer daistiho at hotmail.com
Fri May 21 01:55:13 EDT 2004

My husband and I are doing battle with the Powers of Ignorance on one of his
newsgroups.  One of the nutbars on this particular newsgroup is claiming
(among other things) that the gubbmint is covering up an increase in the
rate of fall of "meteors" (their words, not mine).  Could anyone out there
point me to a reference I could use to refute this?  As far as I know, the
rate of fall of meteorites over the past several years has been pretty
constant; the only reason we're finding more is that we're figuring out
where to look, and there are more of us looking.  Thanks in advance.

Tracy Latimer