[meteorite-list] Tatahouine and Slickensides

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Tue May 11 21:13:08 EDT 2004

In a message dated 5/11/2004 7:01:28 AM Mountain Standard Time,
stelor96 at yahoo.com writes:
Slickensides has been a topic brought up many times on the list. I'm
still not exactly clear on what this is and I'd like to get a
clarification. I recently acquired a small fragment of Tatahouine
from Anne Black at Impactika. Besides having some fusion crust the
specimen shows striations very similar to those seen in shattercones.
(Thanks Anne for a beautiful and interesting specimen) Is this
slickensides? I've included links to five images;

No magnification -
http://www.geocities.com/stelor96/Tatahouine028.jpg

You are very welcome.
Thanks for the great pictures.
You were very lucky to find some crust, but I see those striations relatively
often on Tatahouine pieces.
That is why this is still my favorite meteorite. Even though the pieces are
small, if you look at them with a good loupe, you are always in for surprises
And I would love to read an answer to your question!

Anybody?????????????

Anne M. Black
www. IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com