AW: [meteorite-list] Reid 016

Jörn Koblitz koblitz at microfab.de
Fri May 7 02:45:06 EDT 2004

If I correctly remember, when this meteorite came up, it was first thought to be a brachinite. Classification later on showed it to be a poymict ureilite.

References (MetBase):
Listed; classification and mineral analysis by M.Prinz, American Museum of Natural History, New York; a polymict ureilite breccia, J.N.Grossman, Met. Bull. 82, MAPS, 1998, 33, p.A221. Oxygen isotopic composition, R.N.Clayton and T.K.Mayeda, GCA, 1996, p.1999. Chromite composition, C.E.Nehru et al., MAPS, 1997, 32, p.A97 (abs.).

Jörn