[meteorite-list] A contributary question for a change!

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Tue May 4 23:01:01 EDT 2004

In a message dated 5/4/2004 2:40:54 PM Mountain Standard Time,
entropydave at ntlworld.com writes:
Well, I have a 180+ thick slice of Estherville and I can assure you that
there are olivine xls present - you can shine a torch thru them!

So I would like to assume that a mesosiderite is not a core-mantle sample
(like a Pallasite) but the smushed up surface of a well pounded asteroid.
I have a couple of those too. They are beautiful.
Just go look:

    http://www.impactika.com/Esthr31g.html
    http://www.impactika.com/meteorities/Esthr6g.html

That mesosiderite wants to grow up to be a pallasite??     :-)

Anne M. Black
www. IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
IMCA #2356