[meteorite-list] Historical falls CDROM

Pierre-Marie PELE pierre.pele at voila.fr
Thu Jun 24 07:39:29 EDT 2004

Hello to the List !
To keep up the work after my 2 CDs (NWA CD and forthcoming Dar Al Gani CD), I'm planing to make a CD about historical falls. It could contain many things about meteorite falls (complete description, analysis, old texts, Bulletin abstracts, pictures, maps...) from all over the world.
I've got some questions :
- are all meteorite falls "historical falls" ?   If not, what is the significiance of historical ?
- how many falls are registered in the Meteorites from A to Z book or in the Grady NHM book ?
- is this a CD you would like to purchase ?
At a long term, my goal is to publish an encyclopaedia of meteorites, with all meteorites finds and falls (including saharian) with pictures, old texts, analyses, bibliography, on DVDs. It looks like a crazy project but I think it would be useful to any meteorite collector.
Thanks a lot
Pierre-Marie Pele
Meteor-Center.com