[meteorite-list] New Zealand meteorite--Hot Rock debate is back

E. L. Jones jonee at epix.net
Sat Jun 12 16:26:49 EDT 2004

A New Zealand newspaper reports:

<>"There was just a huge explosion and we looked around and there was
just dust everywhere," says Brenda Archer. What they didn't expect to
find was a very hot rock.--note a "very hot rock".

Would anyone who is in touch with the Archer's pursue this asspect in
more detail?  Such as how hot-- relatively speaking...a baked potato,
too hot to hold, uncomfortable to hold...etc  And to find out if it
cooled rapidly, slowly,  got frosty,etc.

I lament that in the New Orleans and Park Forrest falls that there was
no report of anyone asking these questions to the targets...er witnesses.

Elton