[meteorite-list] Thank You - Was A fun Libyan Desert Glass Debate

Nicholas Gessler gessler at ucla.edu
Sat Jun 12 01:12:33 EDT 2004

Keith,

Keith, if you think this was fun I suggest you go bother some other list.
This list is for serious discussion, considered arguments and good natured
humor.
Your contributions on this topic were none of these.

Do it again?  More of the same?  Forget it!

For those who want to read the UNIDRIOT document on stolen cultural
property, which is one of many statements on the subject, follow these links:

Here is the Website for the UNIDROIT document, which includes a definition
of cultural property:
http://www.unidroit.org/english/conventions/c-cult.htm

And here is a critique of the UNIDROIT document:
http://www.city.ac.uk/artspol/schneider.html

I'm still waiting to see your list of significant LDG artifacts aside from
the scarab.
And waiting to see your bibliography of archaeological studies of LDG
artifacts.

I'm out of town until July...

Cheers,
Nick